To check the clutch brake setting, depress the clutch pedal in the cab and note the point at which the clutch brake engages by observation through the inspection cover. With the release travel and free travel settings, clutch brake squeeze should occur approximately 1 inch from the end of the pedal stroke. To check this:
1. Insert a 0.010-inch thickness gauge between the release bearing and the clutch brake.
2. Depress the clutch pedal to squeeze the thickness gauge.
3. Let the pedal up slowly until the gauge can be pulled out and note the position of the pedal in the cab. It should be ½ to 1 inch from the end of the pedal stroke.
4. To adjust the clutch brake setting, shorten or lengthen the external linkage according to service literature procedure. If the specified adjustment cannot be obtained, check the linkage for excessive wear and pedal height.
5. Reinstall the inspection cover.
Recommended reading: travel bus for sale